The response to the idea of a Historic Mills Photo Exhibit at the Lawrence Heritage State Park has been overwhelmingly positive. As such, we are thrilled to report that we will be exhibiting during the month of February, 2016!
The purpose of this show is to showcase the work of past participants of Historic Mills Photography Workshops or Photo Walks. Below are details and key dates
The images exhibited will reflect a variety of personal visions of Lawrence’s mills and the city’s industrial landscape. Entries for the exhibit will be judged on the basis of creativity, technical skill, and effectiveness in conveying the mission of Historic Mills Photography Workshops which is “Preserving History Through Photography.”
Friday, December 18, 2015
• We will accept digital submissions only.
• Image resolution, 1000px at the widest edge.
• image format JPEG
• Name image FirstLast#.jpg (e.g.: BobLussier1.jpg, BobLussier2.jpg
• Upload image(s) to
(go to the page and follow the instructions)
• Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: MILLS SUBMISSION
- Body: FileName.jpg - Image title: description
e.g.: BobLussier1.jpg - The Cart: Utility cart in the Stone Mill attic. For sale: yes/Price
Notification of acceptance
Saturday, January 9, 2016
• If one or both of your images is accepted into the show we will notify you via email byJanuary 9, 2016. We will also notify you if your image has not been accepted.
Delivery of images
Friday, January 22, 2016
• If your image is accepted into the show you will be responsible for delivery of the final framed print. • You may ship it to the Lawrence History Center or deliver it there in person.
Lawrence History Center
6 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
• Finished/framed image size should be no larger than 16x24.
Saturday, January, 30, 2016
(We will be looking for volunteers to help with setup)
Sunday February 7, 2016
Saturday, February 27, 2016
(Again, we will be looking for volunteers to help)
• You will be responsible for picking up your images at the close of the show. They can be picked up on February 27. After the 27th images will be held at the Lawrence History Center. They can be picked up during their regular hours of operation.
If you wish to present your images for sale, you may. All proceeds of image sales will go to the photographer.
• Bob Lussier, Historic Mills Photography
• Steven Perlmutter, Historic Mills Photography
• Susan Grabski, Executive Director, Lawrence History Center
Please feel free to email us with any questions at email@example.com. We will get back to you at our earliest convenience.