To submit a resource, email the following to email@example.com
- organization name
- short description of services
For community recovery resources, click here.
Updated: 6:44 PM, Thursday, October 11, 2018
Retail Food Establishment Mandatory Food Safety Workshop
Lawrence Public Library-Auditorium
51 Lawrence St., Lawrence, MA
9 am – 11:00 am
English: Tuesday October 30, 2018
Spanish: Tuesday, November 13 & 20, 2018
English/Chinese: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Affected Customer Helpline: 866-388-3239
- Property Claims Helpline: 800-590-5571
- Gas Emergency: 800-525-8222
- Job Fair Hotline: 866-960-7285
Mayor’s Office: 978-620-3010
State Representative Juana Matias’ Office: 617-722-2582
Attorney General’s Anti-Fraud Hotline: 617-727-2200
Attorney General’s Merrimack Valley Support Hotline: 617-573-5370
MEMA: mass211.org or call 211
EMERGENCY BUSINESS LOAN FUND:
What is the fund? A $1,000,000 emergency fund that targets businesses that have been directly impacted by the recent natural gas tragedy in the communities of Lawrence, Andover and North Andover.
Who qualifies? Any business that has been impacted by the recent gas disaster will qualify for the funds, including businesses from Lawrence, Andover, and N. Andover
How was the fund created? The Fund is the result of a collective effort between Mass Growth Capital Corporation, the 10 lenders involved with the Lawrence Venture Loan Fund, Mill Cities Community Investments, and with leadership from both Mayor Rivera and the Governor Baker.
Who is the lender of the fund? Mill Cities Community Investments, a certified Community Development Financial Institution, will be the lender of the fund
What are the terms/rates: this fund is being offered with no payments and no interest for the first 6 months. For businesses that extend beyond a 6 month period, market rates will apply and loans can be extended or restructured for multi-year term loans. Businesses can apply for up to $50,000. There is no minimum loan amount.
Application process/requirements: The fund is designed to create an expedited application and approval process, with the goal of getting all applications processed within 24 and 48 hours. The application package will require the following documents:
2.Copy of claim file with gas company
3.Uses of funds disclosure (cash flow, equipment, etc.)
4.Evidence business is a customer of Columbia Gas in good standing and for how long
5.Payroll records and other documentation to back up (per Colombia Gas application)
6.Financials (tax returns, year to date profit and loss statement, bank statements) *
*this will allow MCCI to determine if business is ongoing concern
Mill Cities Community Investments will receive all applications for this fund and will process internally. They can be contacted by phone, email, or in-person at: 50 Island Street, Suite #103, Lawrence, MA 01840, 978-258-2772
Frank Carvalho, Executive Director - 978-258-2772 Ext.13 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ari Veloz, Chief Operating Officer , 978-258-2772 Ext.14 email@example.com
Kristin Wallace, Commercial Lender, 978-258-2772 Ext. 16 Kristin.Wallace@mvcdfi.org
Participating lenders: 50% of the fund has committed by Mass Growth Capital Corporation, with the other 50% being committed by the Lawrence Venture Loan Fund, with equal participation from the following regional lenders:
- Enterprise Bank
- Eastern Bank
- TD Bank
- Merrimack Valley Federal Credit Union
- Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union
- Pentucket Bank
- Align Credit Union
- The Savings Bank
- Reading Cooperative Bank
A $250,000 loan loss reserve for this fund has been contributed by Columbia Gas
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROVIDERS:
- City of Lawrence Economic Development Office
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network
- Northeast Region at Salem State University, Enterprise Center, 121 Loring Ave, Suite 310, Salem, MA 01970
- (978) 542-6343
- Merrimack Valley Small Business Center
- 165 Merrimack Street, Lowell, MA 01852
- (978) 654-5673
- Mill Cities Community Investments
- 50 Island Street, Entrance B, Lawrence, MA 01840
- Northeast Legal Aid
- 50 Island St, Suite 203A, Lawrence, MA 01840
- (978) 880-0670
- 60 Island Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
- (978) 934-6518
- 60 Island Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
- (978) 934-6518
- Businesses impacted by this event will be provided an immediate advance to assist with ongoing business expenses with minimal paperwork (e.g., name of owner, business name, identification, nature of losses being claimed, and a rough estimate of losses).
- The most expeditious manner for business claims to be processed is to call the 24-hour claims at 1-800-590-5571, to establish a claim and begin the process to obtain any needed advance.
- All compensation advanced to businesses in need will be incorporated into each business owner's claim.
- Each business claim will be assigned to an adjuster who can assist business owners regarding appropriate documentation of business losses and impacts, as well as whether the business needs an additional advance to assist with ongoing business expenses. Columbia Gas will work with the business to make the claim process as easy as possible.
- Common items used to assist in facilitating the prompt processing of a business owner’s claim that will be helpful in establishing the business loss include:
- Name of owner(s), Identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.), name of business;
- Business licenses;
- 3 to 6 months of the most recent profit/loss statements;
- Payroll records for the past 3 months;
- Invoices evidencing any unusual or extra expenses incurred as a result of this incident;
- Any expenses unique to your business that you attribute to the disruption of your gas service; and
- Estimates or costs to repair any property damage.
- Columbia Gas will reimburse businesses for reasonable costs of permanently switching to an alternative fuel source (e.g., electric or oil) for appliances and systems that were fueled by natural gas prior to the outage, and have that switch paid for by Columbia Gas. If you wish to temporarily switch to appliances and systems that are fueled by sources other than natural gas for the duration of the outage, and then return to gas-fueled appliances and systems, Columbia Gas will reimburse for reasonable costs associated with both the temporary solution as well as the return to gas-fueled appliances and systems.
- Businesses may elect to contract directly with an appropriate certified licensed contractor to install appliances and systems that are fueled by sources other than natural gas (e.g., electric or oil). If you do hire such a contractor, we request the licensed contractor provide you detailed receipts, including your name, service address, make/model of parts, and labor, so that Columbia may reimburse you for reasonable costs.